Title: The Story of the World
Author: Susan Wise Bauer
Genre: History books
Age Range: Older child to Tween
About the Story of the World
The Story of the World is a history book about the world. It isn’t just about one country but the whole entire world. Volume 1 starts with events from almost seven thousand years ago and the end of Volume 4 leads up to today.
What’s in the Story of the World?
- These books have history from Egypt, England, Russia, America, and more.
- The history in these books is very detailed with dates, facts, names, etc..
- In Volumes 3 and 4 the vocabulary begins to become more complicated and includes less pictures, less talking to the reader, and more telling of history.
- Volume 1 has legends from ancient times. It also has lots pictures in it.
- Volume 2 still has pictures but not as many. It has a bit more history and less talking to the reader.
- Volume 3 is more for tweens because there are less pictures and more telling the history.
- Volume 4 has almost no pictures and there are more complicated words and sentences.
My Star Rating:
I rate this book 4 ½ stars. The Story of the World series is really informative and teaches very well, although the latter volumes aren’t as engaging.
This post contains affiliate links.